ZocdocAnswerswhy does my baby move???

Question

why does my baby move???

this is my second pregnancy and my baby is always moving very low is that normal???

Answer

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy; that is very exciting. It sounds like this pregnancy is feeling a bit different from your first. This is not uncommon. Often times women get different sensations and patterns of symptoms which do not match their first pregnancy creating anxiety as to whether or not everything is normal. The best type of physician for you to see about this issue is an OBGYN. Most women begin feeling their baby's move around the middle to end of the second trimester (between 19 and 22 weeks). Not feeling any movement from the baby by the end of the second trimester should prompt an OBGYN evaluation. Thus, since your baby is moving around now, it is most likely normal. Different pregnancies also result in the fetus "hanging out" in different parts of your abdomen. Sometimes babies like to drop to the bottom of the uterus which can result in pressure on the bladder and feelings of the need to urinate. Your baby moving low is most likely normal. The only way to be sure is for you to schedule an appointment with your OBGYN for an evaluation. After a thorough physical exam and perhaps an ultrasound, you'll know for sure if everything is okay.