ZocdocAnswersHow fast can I close the gaps in my teeth?

Question

How fast can I close the gaps in my teeth?

I am 30 yrs old haven't visited the dentist in a while. I need an examination and would like to close the spaces in my teeth. What process available offers the fastest results?

Answer

There are a number of ways to close your spaces - only a clinical exam with a dentist can specify what is best for you. Traditionally, spaces are closed with orthodontic appliances, either braces or invisalign. Invisalign is a series of clear plastic trays. The trays are worn for at least twenty-two hours a day. Every two to three weeks, you would receive a new tray that would move your teeth a little bit, until you have closed your spaces. Invisalign is less noticeable than metal braces, and can be removed for important business or social functions. Veneers are also an option - where the porcelain restorations can be made wider than your natural teeth to close the spaces. Both options offer advantages and disadvantages, all depending on your goals and requirements. The fastest treatment options would be the veneers, which could be completed three weeks after starting. I recommend a consultation with a dentist to begin the treatment plan best suited for you. Be well!