Why do I still have pelvic pain after an ovarian cyst was drained?

I am 52 year old, active female who had an ovarian cyst drained in March of 2010. I still experience occasional pelvic pain, more like soreness, in the area of that ovary. Sometimes I can tell it's from certain exercises like knee lifts or a lot of ab work. But often I can't determine exactly what I did that produced the soreness. My sonograms are inconclusive. How long should I be experiencing pelvic pain from the inflammation and the surgery to drain the cyst?
Ovarian cysts are a common condition. However, pain should not occur if the problem was adequately treated. I would strongly encourage you to see your doctor. Specifically, I would recommend that you see an OB / GYN doctor if you do not already have one. Before discussing the pain, it must be said that ovarian cysts can be a problem that requires extensive follow up. It is important that you discuss with your doctor what was the cause of the ovarian cyst. These can be benign fluid collections, or they can be serious (such as cancer). Normally, if it is just fluid then the pain it is causing should be gone soon after the procedure. If it persists, there may be a problem with the ovary that requires attention. Learning the pathology of the fluid is important. Another problem could be an infection following the surgery. See your doctor. Pelvic pain can be caused by many other causes. In actuality, your pain sounds likes its caused by the muscles. If you had a surgery with cutting of the muscles, this can take weeks to months to heal. Normally medicines like ibuprofen or naproxen can help inflammation - but talk to your doctor prior to starting any new medicines. Talk to your doctor.