Why was it that I thought it would be a good idea to take a warm shower when I had pneumonia (Not known at the time) and a temperature of 106.1F?

For a week prior I had a pretty high temperature and was laying in bed, and all I remember doing is feeling really cold and stepped into the shower and turned it all the way up. I collapsed soon after and was taken to the hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Just wondering why I would go into the shower that hot?
From the information given, it is difficult to guess what would make you want to take a warm shower when you had a temperature that high. It is possible that with a temperature that high, you may not have been thinking clearly, because a temperature that high can cause changes within your body and brain that can lead to confusion. It is possible that you were having fevers followed by chills (a common symptom of illness), and during an episode of chills, you decided to take a warm shower. Fortunately, it sounds as though you were taken to the hospital and hopefully you are doing better now that you have been treated. In general, it is recommended that if you have symptoms such as fevers that are that high, that you visit your primary care doctor. They can evaluate your medical history and presenting symptoms and decide upon the appropriate medical work up. They may decide to refer you to a specialist or perform further lab studies or imaging. They may also decide to admit you to the hospital for closer monitoring. Hopefully you are feeling better now, and know to follow up with your doctor if this were to happen again in the future.