why does my eyes feel like there is dirt on them all the time?

i am a 33 year old mother of three and i always feel like there is some kind of dust on my eyes and it makes me robe it a lot. i am not using any medication but i put my eyes in cold water whenever it is unbearable.
There a couple of possibilities here, but it definitely sounds like a leading candidate would be allergic conjunctivitis, or eye allergies. This is a very common condition, which is characterized by itchy, redness, and tearing of the eyes in response to various allergic sources, such as smoke, dust, mold, and mites. Often people who have allergic conjunctivitis also have allergic rhinitis (nasal allergies) characterized by nasal stuffiness and cough, and they may also have a history of skin allergies or asthma. The best way to tell if you have allergic conjunctivitis is to schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor. They should be able to diagnose this condition quickly after asking a few questions and performing a physical examination. If it does turn out to be allergic conjunctivitis, there are several excellent medications that can help with the symptoms including various antihistamines. If it is not allergic conjunctivitis, another possibility would be a scratch on the surface of the eye, called the cornea. Scratches of the cornea are quite common and can be caused by many things, including the fingernails of small children! Again, your primary care doctor will be able to tell quickly if this is what is going on.

9415 E Harry St