How can I increase my odds of healthy pregnancy after an ectopic pregnancy?

I am 29 years old and have been pregnant one time. It was ectopic and I had to have surgery to remove it at 7 weeks. I would love to have a family, but know that one ectopic does increase your odds of another. I make sure I eat healthily and take vitamins. Is there anything else I can do to better my chances for a healthy, viable pregnancy?
Having an ectopic pregnancy can be a very tough thing to go through. I'm happy that your first one was resolved and that you are okay. You are correct that having one ectopic pregnancy does increase your risk of having another. The actual risk you have depends on why you had the ectopic in the first place. Sometimes they occur randomly and other times they occur because there has been damage at one time to your fallopian tubes. Damage like this can sometimes be do to an infection. Unfortunately, there is nothing personally that you can do with your diet, vitamin intake, or exercise that can change this likelihood. In addition, there are no medications that can help this cause either. I think the first step for you to take (if you are trying to get pregnant now), is for you to schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. The two of you can discuss your particular risks associated with pregnancy with your personal past medical history in mind. He or she can give you advice on any measures that you can take to increase your chances of getting pregnant. Finally, when you do get pregnant, you will need close monitoring to insure that it is inside the uterus.

Nearby OB-GYNs