ZocdocAnswersWhy are there tiny red bumps in a circle on my leg?

Question

Why are there tiny red bumps in a circle on my leg?

I am a 22 year old male. I have no family history of this happening. It has been on my leg for about 2 months now. I have tried using different creams and I can not seem to get it to go away. I do a lot of outdoors work and wondering id that is something that could have caused it.

Answer

There are many things which could cause of a circle of small red bumps on your leg for the past several months. The most common cause is likely a fungal infection, but other possibilities include an insect bite, a local reaction to a clothing item, a new allergic reaction, and sexually transmitted or tick-borne infections. If you have tried multiple creams without effect, it is likely best to make an appointment to see your doctor. He or she will be able to ask more details about the way the rash started, whether you have other symptoms such as pain or itching, and what treatments you have tried so far. These details, combined with the details of your medical history and an exam of the involved skin, will likely lead to the correct diagnosis and treatment.