why has my nose been stuffed up for the past two months

I am an 18 year old male and for the past two months my nose has been very congested. I have been caughing up mucus mostly in the mornings and I have to blow my nose quite frequently. My congestion seems to go away or at least get a little bit better when the weather warms up. Should I see a doctor or is this something that will go away on its own,
Two months of nasal congestion is something that should definitely be looked into. The most common cause of nasal congestion is the common cold caused by a viral infection. It would be quite unusual for this to last for an entire two months. The time period for your symptoms makes allergies a much more likely possibility. Allergic rhinitis (the medical term for a stuffed up nose), can have several causes. First, if you have recently acquired a new pet such as a cat, then this could very well be the culprit. If you have recently introduced a new plant into the house of if you live in a climate where it is warmer, then simple pollen or other plant substance could be responsible. Finally, if your house is particularly dusty, then dust mites may be the problem. Either way, I think you should be seen by a doctor. Your first step should be to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough head, neck and lung exam. This should be able to rule out viral illness as a possible cause of you symptoms. From there, your doctor can pry further into your recent history to determine what could be causing these symptoms, and finally recommend treatment.