Does laser treatment work for stretch marks?

I am currently pregnant and have been using oils and creams for my stretch marks. Most of which just aren't doing the trick. My baby grew very fast the last 6 weeks and a result of this was the amazing stretch marks I now have on my stomach. I have been researching laser treatment for the removal of stretch marks, but have been unsuccessful in finding out any information regarding the actual procedure. The pros and cons, the side effects, ect. Can you help?
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Unfortunately stretch marks are a common complication of pregnancy, because the skin is being forced to expand very rapidly by the growing baby. Also, the changing levels of hormones in the body during the pregnancy affects the color and tone of the skin, which may make the stretch marks more noticeable. The good news is that most times stretch marks improve and fade with time after the pregnancy is over. You should certainly not worry about them or try treating them during pregnancy, because your skin is delicate at this time and the stretch marks are continuing to evolve anyway due to the developing pregnancy. After pregnancy, if the stretch marks do not improve, you do have a few options. There are numerous over the counter creams for stretch marks, however most of these do not work very well and are not worth the money you spend on them. A dermatologist, on the other hand, will be able to offer you several better options. These could include prescription creams to fade the color of the marks or laser-based therapies to do the same. Again, you should wait until after the pregnancy is over, and then you can talk to your dermatologist.