Why do I often get Urinary tract infection?

I am 30 years old female and have been having Urinary tract infection from the past two months.At first i did not know it was urinary tract infection i thought it was just a yeast infection.A pharmascist suggested to have loads of canberry juice it did help but the problem remained.Then i consulted my Gynocologist she got my urine culture and it was positive for UTI.She then but me on antibiotics which definately helped.But now i am not sure weather its been completely treated or not.
In women, urinary tract infections are very common. It sounds like you had one long infection that has only been recently treated. Therefore, I don't think what happened to you is completely out of the ordinary for a simple UTI. Over half of all women will experience at least one UTI in their life. They often come after a sexual encounter, though they are not considered a sexually transmitted disease. The main symptoms are burning with urination, and feelings of urinary urgency. These symptoms can be somewhat similar to a yeast infection, but you will probably be able to tell the difference if you get one again. While cranberry juice does seem to work for some UTIs, it is not as reliable as today's antibiotics. Since these infections can occasionally cause a serious kidney infection, no physician will routinely recommend treating with just cranberry. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN (the same one that prescribed you the antibiotic). If you are still having symptoms then you should have a repeat urinalysis and urine culture. If positive, then you will need another round of antibiotics to cover whatever bug grows out of your urine. If it is negative, then your UTI is gone and your symptoms should subside soon.