Why am I feeling so much pressure in my lower abdomen?

I am a 44 year old female with two children. For the past three days I have had this feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen. The feeling varies in intensity but is always there. I have no pain as such and no fever. I first thought that it might be constipation and so I took laxatives, but this has not helped at all. I don't have a doctor right now, and don't want to go to the Emergency Room if this is nothing.
Pressure in your lower abdomen can be caused by several different things. The list is a bit too long to go through completely. In your lower abdomen, you have your colon, parts of your small intestine, you bladder, and your female reproductive organs. Constipation is a possibility, though this usually causes pain and would have been relieved after a few bowel movements. An ovarian cyst is possible as well. This can cause a feeling of fullness that may or may not seem to be on one side of your abdomen. In rare cases, cancer of the colon or ovaries can present this way. No matter what this pain is, you need to have a primary care physician for two reasons. You need to have someone that you can go to for these types of problems. You also need someone that can take care of your preventative medicine issues such as cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure screening. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with an internal medicine doctor. He or she can take a detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. If anything concerning in your abdomen is found, then your doctor may order some imaging of your belly such as an x-ray or an ultrasound. Good luck.

9815 E Harry St