What's the best solution for a migraine?

I'm a 19 year old college student, I know my sleep habits aren't the best but I don't get much time, once or twice a week I get random Pain spike's in my head for 2-3 min, however it feels like hours. I'm not on any medication. I'm male, rarely drink, or smoke etc, and this has been going on for the past 2-3 weeks.
While headaches are common and can be very debilitating, they are something that you should discuss with a physician so as to make sure that you are not having a serious headache. Before advising you that your headache is not something serious, I would need to know whether or not you are having other symptoms, have a family history of any brain pathology, etc. So you should definitely discuss this with your doctor. Now, what you are describing does not sound like a migraine. In general, migraines are best characterized by light sensitivity, nausea, vomiting, and a desire to remain still. They can last for some time, but usually don't go away by themselves in 2-3 minutes. While migraines are the most common headache, those symptoms don't appear consistent with what you are describing, and are also more common in females. Tension headaches are often described as feeling like a band placed around your head, which also doesn't sound exactly like what you are describing. Cluster headaches are another type of headache, and one that is actually more common among young men at about your age. They are much quicker, and resolve much more rapidly than the other types of headaches. Often, people will complain of nasal stuffiness on just one side, or will have other symptoms that localize just to one side of their face. While pure oxygen inhalation will often end an attack, the ideal treatment is to prevent them by avoiding alcohol during a cluster and taking appropriate prophylactic medications (as they come on so suddenly). The good news is that they often will stop coming all by themselves, and stay away for long periods until, in a cluster, they return again one day. Please see your doctor for the appropriate treatment and to describe your symptoms more fully.

Other Neurologists