Why does my throat always feel swollen?

I am a 25 year old man. In the past I have used a tobacco product called snus but have since quit. Every morning my throat feels swollen, and when I look it’s usually red. I do have allergies but this will occur at many different times and locations. IE. Different state, winter, summer. No other problems are associated as far as I can tell and the swelling isn’t ever so bad I cannot eat or drink.
First, I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with the discomfort of a swollen throat, but am very pleased that you have stopped using any kind of tobacco products. Tobacco, as you know, causes cancer in many areas and has many other harmful effects. Smokeless tobacco, such as snuff and chew, are especially hard on the upper aerodigestive tract, and cause redness and irritation that can persist long after you have stopped using the products. As for your specific situation, redness and swelling of your throat is likely to be caused (for most young, otherwise healthy people) by post nasal drip or by GERD, which is also known as acid reflux. Post nasal drip is often, but not always, related to allergies, and occurs when mucous from the nose drips onto the back of your throat while you are lying down at night. In the morning, the irritation and dryness are especially bad. Acid reflux is caused from the other end of your esophagus, when the valve that usually keeps acid in your stomach fails and the acid then passes up. This is especially common when you go to bed with a full stomach, and can be worse with certain foods. If you are experiencing other symptoms or have these symptoms that persist, please speak with your primary care doctor about them.