What is this bump in my ear lobe?

I am an 18 year old male with no significant health problems and currently taking no medications. Sometimes, I feel solid (moderately hard), spherical bumps in my ear lobes. They usually stay large for a few weeks and then greatly diminish in size. Sometimes, they hurt to squeeze but usually not. I haven't done anything about them because they go away and don't hurt much. This has gone on occasionally for a few years.
The fact that these bumps seem to come and go without much trouble and don't really hurt suggests that they are not very serious. However, if you are worried about them you could show them to your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. The most likely possibility is that you have some small cysts in the earlobe. These tend to come and go in size like you have experienced. This is because many cysts have collections of material inside them and this may accumulate at some times and not at others. The important thing is not to pick or squeeze at them, as this may irritate them or cause infection. If one of the areas ever because very large, painful, or has reddened overlying skin, these all may be signs that the cyst has become infected. In this case, it would be advisable to have the area checked out by your primary care doctor as soon as possible to determine if it needs to be lanced or treated with antibiotic medications. If, however, you never have any of these concerning symptoms and the areas are not particularly bothersome to you cosmetically, you can just forget about them and not worry!

9815 E Harry St