Why do my forearms feel extreme pain sometimes when I am curling a barbell?

I am a 25 year old male. Very recently when I am at the gym lifting weights and I begin to do barbell curls for my biceps, my forearms will start to hurt almost unbearably. It almost feels like my bones are going to break. Is there anything I can do so that this pain goes away?
The symptoms you are having could be associated with a variety of different causes. Have you noticed these symptoms recently, or has this always been a problem? Has the amount of weight you are lifting increased drastically? Do you do an appropriate amount of stretching prior to working out? Does your diet include the appropriate vitamins and nutrients? These are all very important questions and these should be addressed with your primary care doctor. The answers to these questions, along with a clinical exam and your medical history will help your primary care doctor decide upon the appropriate work up. This may include lab tests, imaging studies and possibly a referral to a specialist. In terms of broad categories, the possibilities include overexertion causing muscle strain, lack of appropriate dietary intake of nutrients, proteins or vitamins, and less likely can include metabolic issues or muscle development issues. Things that can help treat the symptoms you are experiencing include NSAIDs, stretching, ice or warm packs, and massage therapy, but again, it is important to discuss all possible treatment options with your primary care doctor.

Other Neurologists