Why are my knuckles have red and dry places?

They itch sometimes, and are not sore. I work with electronics indoors. It started really small, and has grown over the past few months. I scratched at them a while back, and the skin just rolled right off. They still wasn't sore after that.
There are a couple of different possible causes of these skin changes you are experiencing. The first is eczema, which is an inflammatory condition of the skin characterized by redness, itching, and dryness. Eczema is often treated by good skin moisturizing, avoiding irritating chemicals and other things that make it worse, and topical steroid creams. Another possibility is psoriasis. This is an autoimmune condition of the skin characterized by areas of redness usually with a white or silvery appearing scale on top of it. Often psoriasis will also cause pitting or distortion of the nails and there may be joint stiffness or swelling. The treatment of psoriasis depends on how extensive it is, but small areas of skin involvement are usually treated with topical steroid creams. Finally, it is possible that you have contact dermatitis, which is an inflammation of the skin that is specifically provoked by something in your environment, such as jewelry, chemicals, soaps, etc, that causes a reaction. The treatment obviously involves discontinuing the offending agent and may also require a steroid cream. I would suggest talking to your dermatologist or your primary care doctor so that you can have a diagnosis of what is going on and decide if it is necessary to treat it.