Should I go BACK to the doctor?

About 2 weeks ago I came down with a cold. I figured I would just ride it out because I really didn't want to go back to the doctor. However, I didn't get any better so I eventually broke down and went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis. She put me on an antibiotic and tld me if I didnt' feel better when I was finished with the medicine to go back to my primary. I finished the medicine and I feel better, but I am still coughing. It's not as bad but I also don't have my voice back yet. Should I go back to the doctor or should I just ride it out?
I suggest seeing your doctor. I am glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better and that the symptoms are improving, but given how complicated this has been for you, it would be better to have it checked out. Sometimes, unfortunately, colds turn into deeper infections like bronchitis, which is what it sounds like you had. These usually clear up with a course of antibiotics, which you have just finished. The fact that you still have some cough indicates one of two things - either the antibiotics did not work completely or you just have a bit of post-infectious cough, which unfortunately can linger for quite a while after one of these episodes clears up. The fact that you are somewhat improved suggests to me that the latter is more likely what is going on, but your primary care doctor will be able to help you figure that out for sure. If you have asthma, allergies, or another underlying medical condition, this might also explain why the symptoms are lingering on, and you may need to discuss better controlling these conditions. Your primary care doctor can also help you with this if necessary.

• Dr. Robert Domaleski
    Dr. Robert Domaleski MD
    8200 E. Belleview Avenue
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217