Why won't my hemorrhoids go away?

I am a 23 year old female. Approximately 5' 8" tall and 155lbs. I work in an environment where I sit all day long. I do not know if this is the reason for my hemorrhoids, but I never had this problem until I started the job 3 years ago. Approximately 2 years ago I got my first hemorrhoid and it has been an on and off struggle since then. More often than not, I am dealing with it. I have tried Preparation-H and it hasn't worked at all. Is there something else I can do? The cream takes care of the itching, but the hemorrhoids won't go away.
Hemorrhoids are the name given for blood vessels that drain blood from the anal area. They become a problem when they become engorged with blood and become infected. This causes them to break open and bleed which is noticed after wiping from a bowel movement. The two types of hemorrhoids are external and internal hemorrhoids. The external type tend to be more painful while the internal type tend to be less painful, but bleed more. The risk factors for developing engorged hemorrhoids is being overweight, sitting for prolonged periods of time, straining to have bowel movements, pregnancy, and constipation. Thus your job has not helped your situation. Since you have tried some of the first line treatments for hemorrhoids, I think it may be time for you to see a specialist. The best type of physician for you to see is your primary care physician who can refer you to a general surgeon. Surgeons have experience performing invasive and non-invasive procedures to remove hemorrhoids. You may benefit from the less invasive approaches such as banding the hemorrhoids or sclerotherapy. With the former, an elastic band is placed around the hemorrhoid for about a week, cutting off blood flow and allowing it to fall off. Sclerotherapy uses an infection of a substance which causes the hemorrhoid vein to shrivel up. The doctor will be able to tell you for sure which of these therapies are best in your particular situation.

3161 N Rock Rd

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045