Why is every pore on my nose clogged?

I am a 26 year old male who suffers from moderate acne. I have suffered since I was about 16 years old and have delt with it ever since then. I recently noticed that all my pores on my nose are clogged. I have tried many otc medications. What should my next step be? The rest of my face is fairly smooth except my noise. Thank you
I am sorry to hear that you have suffered with acne for all of these years. You should know that there are many prescription medications available to treat acne, so if this is an ongoing or recurring problem for you you should talk with your primary care doctor or your dermatologist. Acne occurs when pores in the skin become clogged with dead skin and other debris, this can lead to unsightly black heads (open comedones) or, if the pores close off completely, the collection of fluid and pus which leads to whiteheads (closed comedones). Regardless of whether whiteheads or blackheads predominate, the treatment is the same - soft up and remove the layer of dead skin which clogs the pores and reduce the population of bacteria which cause the infections. There are a few over the counter products which work well. The comedonolytics like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid (the active ingredients in many over the counter brands) remove the dead skin and they also have antibacterial properties. You could start by using one of those products on a daily basis and see what happens. However, if things do not clear up, I would suggest talking with your doctor so that you can get this under control.

9415 E Harry St

• Dr. Camilo Rincon
    Dr. Camilo Rincon MD
    7824 Lake Underhill Road
    Orlando, FL 32822
  • Dr. Syed Mujeeb
    Dr. Syed Mujeeb MD
    411 W. Parker Rd
    Houston, TX 77091
  • Dr. Alex Bernstein
    Dr. Alex Bernstein MD
    3039 Ocean Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11235