Why do I get migraine headaches when the weather changes?

I am a 22 year old female. Every year around the end of February I start to get very bad migraines. They come and go all day and sometimes last for two or three days. Could this be from allergies? Could this be caused by mold or dust in my home? Regular tylenol does not work. The only thing that helps at all is Ibuprofen. Is this due to inflamation?
As you know, migraines are a particular type of headache that is usually characterized by a pulsing pain, usually just on one side of the head but not always, and often associated with other symptoms, like visual changes, nausea, and vomiting. Although it would be unusual for someone with migraines to only have them for a short period of time once a year in February, it is definitely true that migraines can be provoked in some people by changes in sleep and eating habits, things which could easily be associated with the February winter weather. It is also worth thinking about other types of headache, including tension headache, which tends to be less pulsing in nature and tends to involve pressure or pain in the neck and back or shoulders. Allergies can often cause headache, if they cause sinus congestion or nasal allergies. This occurs because fluid builds up in the sinuses and can be uncomfortable; however, there are usually other symptoms, such as runny nose, stuffy nose, or cough. I would suggest talking with your primary care doctor. It is worth figuring out what type of headache is causing your symptoms and, if there are symptoms of allergy, treating those.

Other Neurologists