Why I get kidney stones every year after taking all the precautions?

I am 31 yr man and every year I suffer from kidney stones.I have been suffering from stone problem from last 8 years. Every year it is formed and I get admitted to hospital.After medication the stone passess in the urine. As per doctors advice I drink enough of water to avoid but still it recurrs. What should be next step to get rid of the problem? I am not on any medication.
I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with kidney stones for such a long time. Definitely recurrent kidney stones is a condition that should be thought about more carefully. I would suggest talking to either a nephrologist (kidney doctor) or your primary care doctor if they are comfortable working up this problem. Basically, there are multiple different types of kidney stones. Although it is true that some stones form just because of dehydration and not taking in enough liquid, others form because of genetic predispositions. Some form because of underlying medical problems, like inflammatory bowel disease. The best thing to do is to have an analysis of the chemicals in your urine and in the stones in order to get a sense for what your urine is like and what is inside the stones. This is important, because it will help your doctor determine whether dietary modifications or other treatments could possibly be put in place to decrease the probability that you will keep having recurrent kidney stones. Again, I suggest starting with your primary care doctor. They will either perform the workup for you or will refer you to a nephrologist to complete the workup.

Nearby Nephrologists

Other Nephrologists