What kind of doctor should I see for sweating issues??

I am 30 years old with a sweating issue for years.... And anxiety
Inappropriate or too much sweating can by an annoying problem. When a patient presents this type of problem to me, the first question I ask is "why is this person sweating". Besides excess body heat, sweating can occur because of activation of the sympathetic nervous system. This is the nervous system that gets activated when we are scared or need to defend ourselves. It is responsible for the "rush" when we are being chased or are in danger and it is responsible for sweaty palms when giving a public speech. In your case, the fact that you report a symptom of anxiety tells me that these two symptoms may be related. Anxiety is a very common problem, especially in people your age. There are a few different ways to treat anxiety. If you have anxiety, and have the occasional panic attack, then you would benefit from a medicine in the SSRI class (example Citalopram or Sertraline). If it is pure anxiety without panic attacks, then an SSRI or a medicine called Buspirone can be very helpful. Just as an FYI, I do not recommend Xanax as a anti-anxiety medicine because it is very addictive and tough to get people off of. I think the best type of physician for you to see about this is your primary care physician. He or she will have a lot of experience treating anxiety. Hopefully your sweating issues will improve as well.

• Dr. Robert Domaleski
    Dr. Robert Domaleski MD
    8200 E. Belleview Avenue
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
  • Dr. Harvey Lerner
    Dr. Harvey Lerner MD
    215 East Main Street
    Smithtown, NY 11787
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217