Why are my feet hot?

I’m a 36-year old male. I have had hot feet for as long as I can remember. This problem is most noticeable at nighttime. I am not taking any prescription medication and try to avoid caffeine late in the evening. I have had high blood pressure and high triglyceride levels, but my blood pressure has tested normal the past few times I have gone to the doctor. What can I do about my hot feet and what causes them?
The feeling of warm feet is a fairly common one. There are a few causes of this symptom, although sometimes we are unable to identify the exact cause. The best course of action is to rule out a serious or treatable cause this symptom. The warm sensation in you feet could be caused by a neuropathy. A neuropathy is a problem with the nerves. Normally a neuropathy will give a burning sensation. There are a few causes of neuropathy. The most common is diabetes, as the high sugar damages the nerves. Other causes include low vitamin levels, abnormal thyroid levels, some infections (like syphilis or Lyme's disease) and rarely some cancers (like multiple myeloma). Talk to your doctor about these. The warm sensation in your feet can also be a manifestation of restless leg syndrome. Restless leg syndrome is more commonly described as the need to move your legs (mostly at night) but different people describe it differently. There are various treatments that are available. In addition, other disease like low iron levels should be ruled out. A chronic infection like a fungal toe infection could also cause this. Talk to your primary care doctor. He or she can hopefully help. Good luck!

9415 E Harry St