Why do my eyes get swollen?

I am 25 year old healthy man. Recently I realized my eyes are swollen and very watery. Water running on my eyes have different texture than tears and its slight sticky. Although pollens are really bad here in Atlanta, I never had seasonal allergies before
It is certainly possible that you have developed eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis. Although pollen is one of the main causes of allergic conjunctivitis, there are many other causes that you might not have thought of. Major ones include mold and dust mites, which you might be coming into contact with from your home or your mattress. Allergic conjunctivitis will cause redness, itching, tearing, and a dry sensation in the eyes. Generally it will respond well to anti allergy eye drops or oral antihistamine medications like loratidine or cetirizine. Many times, people with allergic conjunctivitis will also be suffering from allergic rhinitis (nose allergies, with stuffiness or runny nose or sneezing) which can help to confirm the diagnosis. The major alternative to allergic conjunctivitis would be infectious conjunctivitis. In your age range, this would typically be caused be a type of cold virus. Infectious conjunctivitis is quite contagious, so hand washing is a major concern to avoid passing the virus to someone else. Other than this, the mainstay of treatment is simply compresses to keep the eyes clean and perhaps some rewetting drops to relieve the symptoms. Talk to your primary care doctor, who will help you figure out which condition you have.

Other Allergists