Why do I have trouble falling asleep?

I am an 18 year old who was recently diagnosed with ADD. I've always had a hard time sleeping, but it would be cured with a warm cup of milk or a small dose of meletonin. I was prescribed adderall on the behalf of my ADD. Since then I haven't been able to get much sleep. It'll be 2 am before I even think about bed, and yet no matter how long I lay in bed i cant fall asleep.
Your trouble with insomnia may be due to your medication, since there seems to be a correlation with the time of starting the Adderall. Adderall is a combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine, both of which are stimulants to the body, used in the treatment of ADD to help focus the mind and limit distracting behavior. Unfortunately, as you would expect, such a medication comes with a potential side effect profile including restlessness, nervousness and difficulty falling or remaining asleep. You should talk with the doctor that prescribed the medication for you. He or she may be able to re-arrange your dosing schedule to limit these side effects at night time. If this isn't possible, then another type of medication may be able to be substituted, hopefully without the same potential adverse effects. Lastly, in all types of insomnia, it is important to practice good sleep hygiene. This includes avoiding late-night meals and afternoon/evening caffeine, as well as going to bed and waking up at roughly the same time on a regular basis.