Why am I always tired and never have motivation?

I am a 30 year old mother of three and a part-time student. For the last 2 years I haven't had any motivation, and I am always tired. I would rather sleep than get up and do things. My weight has gone up 50lbs because of it. I use to be full of energy and now I have lost all of my energy. I am not currently taking any medications. My emotions are usually stable; however I do have bouts of self-esteem issues.
One important cause of your symptoms to consider is major depression. Depression is characterized by a constellation of symptoms, which can include a feelings of sadness, loss of interest or pleasure in activities that normally bring a person joy, fatigue or a sensation of low energy, weight gain or weight loss, difficulty with concentrating, and feelings of guilt or hopelessness. Depression is a very under-diagnosed condition, which is unfortunate because it can cause severe problems in one's daily living and it can be treated very effectively through a combination of personal therapy and medication. Another cause of your symptoms to rule out is an underactive thyroid. This condition can cause weight gain and other symptoms that can mimic depression, and can be detected through a simple screening blood test. You should talk to your primary care physician about the symptoms that you have been experiencing so that he or she can help identify the cause and begin an effective course of treatment.