Why does my stomach hurt every morning when I wake up?

I am a 26 year old male, 245lbs and approximately 6'1" tall. I am currently taking 7.5mg of coumadin per day and 10mg of Aciphex. I do not eat well normally. In fact, because I work second shift, I often find myself eating dinner as late as 12:00am. I then go to sleep around 2:00am and every morning when I wake up, I am very nauseous and my stomach hurts very badly. I do not have the urge to make a bowel movement, it is just a sharp pain in my lower abdominal area. Could this be a side affect or reaction to the medication I take? Or maybe due to how late I am eating? I have not changed what I am eating but I have recently started taking the Coumadin (approximately 6 weeks ago). If I do defecate in the morning, it does not help the pain in my stomach or the nausea. These symptoms seem to go away on their own after 45 minutes to an hour after awakening.
It sounds like this pain is severe. Stomach pains upon awaking can be have several different causes. What I am worried about most is a stomach or small intestine peptic ulcer. A stomach ulcer will feel like gnawing pain in your mid to upper abdomen that can be quite excruciating. If you do have an ulcer, I would be willing to bet that it is a stomach and not a small intestine ulcer because the stomach ulcers sometimes can be worse in the morning (though not always). However, the pain being in your lower abdomen is a little strange for a stomach ulcer. It is possible that the pain is coming from your colon. Diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease can cause pain in the lower abdomen, but this is usually associated with diarrhea. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a more detailed history of your stomach pain and perform an abdominal exam. Your doctor may also want to get a test for blood in your stool because ulcers can bleed and you are on coumadin. If there are any positive findings, then you may warrant a referral to a gastroenterologist for further management and work up. Good luck.

3161 N Rock Rd