Why do I keep crying even when nothing is wrong?!

Sorry if this is weird, but I keep crying and I don't know why or what is wrong with me?? I am a 21 year old girl and in school.I haven't seen a counselor yet, but I don't know what to tell him if I do. It keeps happening every day and taking over my life. I am not on any medication other than birth control pills, but I need this to stop now.
I am sorry to hear that you have been having these uncontrollable crying spells. From your description, it is unclear if you have any underlying depressive thoughts, suicidal ideations, thoughts of hurting yourself or others, but if you notice any of these symptoms you should immediately go to your nearest emergency department for further evaluation because depression can be a very serious disease and if these crying episodes are related to depression, then there is concern that this may worsen. It is recommended that you consult a mental health care professional as soon as possible because of these symptoms that you are having. Based upon your clinical exam, they may decide to start you on certain medications to adjust your mood. You do not need to worry about what you will say to a counselor when you see them, because they are trained to care for patients who have symptoms such as the ones you are experiencing. The most important thing to do at this time is to be evaluated so that further work up can be done and the appropriate treatment regimen can begin. They will also examine other facets of your life to see if there are underlying causes for your stress such as family history, high stress jobs, etc.

Other Psychologists