search

location

insurance

close

Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Which vaccinations can I ask for at my annual physical if I am traveling?"

ZocdocAnswersWhich vaccinations can I ask for at my annual physical if I am traveling?

Question

Doctor, I am traveling and need vaccinations done to me before. My annual physical is soon. Can I have vaccinations done at this time?

Answer

Your primary care physician should be able to accommodate your wish to receive your vaccinations at your annual physical exam prior to traveling. If you are traveling abroad then you should try looking online for recommendations on which vaccines you should receive; the website for the Centers for Disease Control should have this information available. You should contact your primary care doctor's office ahead of time to confirm that they have these vaccines available. You may need to go to a travel medicine clinic if that is not the case.

Need more info?

See a doctor today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.