ZocdocAnswersWhich vaccinations can I ask for at my annual physical if I am traveling?

Question

Which vaccinations can I ask for at my annual physical if I am traveling?

Doctor, I am traveling and need vaccinations done to me before. My annual physical is soon. Can I have vaccinations done at this time?

Answer

Your primary care physician should be able to accommodate your wish to receive your vaccinations at your annual physical exam prior to traveling. If you are traveling abroad then you should try looking online for recommendations on which vaccines you should receive; the website for the Centers for Disease Control should have this information available. You should contact your primary care doctor's office ahead of time to confirm that they have these vaccines available. You may need to go to a travel medicine clinic if that is not the case.