Why is my arthritis affected by the weather?

I get such bad aches and pains in the winter. I am a 24 y/o female and it's so bad already. It's worse in winter and I think maybe the cold temperatures have something to do with it. Is this true or in my head?
First, I wonder if you have talked about this with your primary care doctor? It is not normal for a 24 year old female to have significant joint aches and pains. If you have been officially diagnosed with arthritis, then you need to talk to your rheumatologist (joint doctor) to figure out why you are having so many symptoms and what to do about them. If you have not been diagnosed, then you need to see your primary care doctor as soon as possible. There are a few arthritis-like conditions that can present at this age. Your doctor will be particularly interested to hear when the symptoms started, if they come and go, if they are worse in the morning, if there is any stiffness or redness or swelling, which joints are affected, and if you have a family history of any arthritis or autoimmune conditions and if there are any other symptoms (fevers, weight loss, rash, eye problems). Based on these questions and a thorough physical examination, your doctor will help you determine if you have a real arthritis condition and whether you need to have additional diagnostic workup or a referral to a rheumatology specialist for further treatment.