Can bleeding disorders cause very hevay periods?

Hi. I'm 26 and my periods are very, very heavy. Is this bc of a bleeding disorder? My mom's period is heavy two..
Most cases of heavy bleeding are not caused by a bleeding disorder, but are rather simply the normal individual variation of the person in question. However, there are a some bleeding disorders which are relatively common, and so certainly cases of bleeding disorders go undiagnosed because the only noticeable symptoms are heavy menstrual bleeding. Having a family history of heavy bleeding may raise the probability of having a bleeding disorder, but heavy menstrual bleeding unrelated to a bleeding disorder also runs in families. The most common bleeding disorder that may cause heavy menstrual bleeding is called von Willebrands disease. It is caused by an alteration in the normal functioning of the body's platelets. Most people with von Willebrand's disease will have other bleeding symptoms other than just heavy menstrual bleeding, such as bleeding from the gums, or easy bruising, or having trouble stopping bleeding with minor cuts. If you think you may have a bleeding disorder, you should talk to your primary care doctor. There are tests that can be done to determine this, although your doctor may decide they are not necessary, especially if you do not have any anemia or other signs of significant bleeding problems.