Are hemorrhoids causing there to be blood in my stool?

I have really bad hemorrhoids and see blood every time I have a bowel movement. Now it's in my stool. I'm a 28 yo guy. Please help.
Hemorrhoids can certainly cause blood to be seen on the toilet paper and in the stool, and in an otherwise healthy individual are the most common cause of such symptoms. Typically hemorrhoids bleed as a result of straining or constipation, and their course is relatively benign. Usually hemorrhoids will go away (or at least stop bleeding) with conservative treatment such as stool softeners, adequate hydration and time. Unfortunately, there are a number of other causes of blood in the stool, and you should talk with your primary care physician about these possibilities. Hemorrhoids can be discovered during a physical exam and may be enough to diagnose you. Other causes of bright red blood in the stool include a bleeding polyp and inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn's or ulcerative colitis). If you develop any "red flag" symptoms associated with your bleeding, then you should certainly seek the care of your doctor. These symptoms include fevers, weight loss, abdominal pain, and bloody diarrhea. These symptoms could signify an underlying inflammatory disease, and will need further work-up with stool studies, blood work and possibly endoscopy to make an accurate diagnosis.

Other Gastroenterologists