How often should I get blood work and is it done in a standard physical?

There are instances of high triglycerides in my family and I don't know that I've ever been checked for that. Is that something covered in a typical physical or would that require a different type of appointment?
A standard physical in most instances for healthy people consists of different tests depending on you age, sex, and other factors specific to you. Getting your triglycerides checked is a part of most standard "lipid panel" that is obtained yearly in most men over the age of 30, and women over the age of 40. You have to be fasting when this type of blood work is drawn. There are variations about this depending on the doctor's preference and the patients family history. For example if you have a strong family history of heart disease, your doctor may decide to get the lipid panel at an earlier age. Another yearly blood test that is done for most people is a test for sugar diabetes (the hemoglobin a1c). Other aspects of a typical physical include an interview for any current symptoms you are having, risk for diseases, and a thorough physical exam. The best type of doctor for you to see about getting a yearly physical is a primary care physician (family doctor or primary care physician). All you have to do is schedule an appointment with one and ask for an annual physical. No matter what age you are, it is always a good idea.

9415 E Harry St