Will brain surgery to remove a tumor have any other long term effects?

I am a 29 year old woman, and I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They will perform brain surgery in order to get it out but I would like to know what long term effects involve, particularly with speech. I am a sales executive and cannot afford to have my speech impaired.
Brain surgery is, obviously, a serious procedure to undergo, and I am sorry that you are having to undergo this. The long term effects will depend on many factors, most of which are beyond the scope of this format. In general, some of the most important things/questions that will affect your outcome will be whether or not the tumor is malignant, where the tumor is located, how the surgeon approaches the tumor, and whether or not postoperative radiation is required. If the tumor is malignant, your surgeon will need to cut out more of the surrounding tissue to make sure that he or she gets all of the cancer. This will obviously be more likely to have additional negative effects, because all of your brain tissue is important. The location of the tumor is also important, as different parts of the brain are responsible for different things. Some parts affect speech, while others affect movement, and others affect your executive function and decision making abilities. The surgical approach similarly will affect which of the surrounding brain tissue will be lost or potentially damaged during the surgery. Finally, postoperative radiation can be effective for malignant tumors, but can also damage surrounding brain, thus causing additional side effects. Please discuss these questions in more detail with your surgeon prior to the surgery.