How many follow ups are required after bypass surgery?

I am a 41 year old male and my life feels very unstable. I would like to be fully done with my bypass procedure as well as the follow up visits. Is there any way to speed things up?
I understand how a coronary artery bypass procedure is a major life event and it can be quite stressful, not only because it is a major surgery but also because of the implications of being diagnosed with a major health problem, coronary artery disease. Your doctors">primary care doctor and your cardiologist will both be available to help you through this transition. One important thing to keep in mind is that coronary artery disease and other forms of heart disease or life long conditions. A coronary artery bypass procedure is one part of treating this disease, but it is not a magic cure. You will still need to maintain strict medical followup for the rest of your life, as medications to control your blood pressure and cholesterol and blood clotting, among others, will need to be constantly monitored and adjusted. At a bare minimum, you will be seeing your primary care doctor every 3-4 months and your cardiologist every year. These followup appointments may need to be more frequent in the first months after the coronary artery bypass procedure or if there are complicating factors. I suggest talking to your doctors and sharing your anxieties with them. They will be able to give you an accurate picture of what you can expect.

Other Cardiologists