What type of person would benefit from a cardiologic consultation?

I am a 28 year old woman with diabetes. My family has a history of heart disease. Should I get a cardiologic consultation now?
You do not need a cardiology consultation right now. Cardiologists are specialist doctor who are especially trained to deal with a number of diseases specific to the heart. Having diabetes and a family history of heart disease definitely increases your risk of having heart disease in the future. However, it sounds like you are asymptomatic at this time and mostly just interested in staying healthy and making sure you are doing everything you need to do for your health. The doctor who is best qualified to help you with this is your primary care doctor. They are trained to help you make the best decisions to prevent heart disease. If you have not recently had a full physical examination, that would be the place to start. Your primary care doctor will talk to you about the things you need to do to stay healthy (smoking, diet, exercise, and the like) and may screen you for conditions that should be treated to keep the heart healthy (such as high cholesterol). Additionally, they will talk to you about your diabetes control, because in diabetes the single most important factor influencing the development of heart disease is their control over the long range of their diabetes.