What should I expect at my first chiropractic consultation?

What kind of questions will I be asked? I have pain in my lowe rback that will not go away.
I am sorry to hear that you are one of many that suffers from chronic lower back pain. This is a very common condition that is difficult to treat. Your chiropractor will go over his treatment philosophy during his or her first visit with you, often after obtaining x-rays of your spine to determine what is likely causing the problem. At times, this treatment philosophy will be more mainstream than others, given that there is some variability between chiropractors regarding the scope of their practice. Any sound medical advice for the treatment of chronic back pain should include the components of weight loss or management in addition to appropriate physical therapy and rehab to strengthen the surrounding musculature. After your problems and complaints have been addressed, the chiropractor will then usually do a series of spinal maneuvers to improve your current condition. Many people will experience some symptom relief. He or she will then generally want to visit with you 2 or 3 times a week in the future to continue treating your condition. Please speak with your primary care doctor about your pain as well, so that you can receive the optimal care and increase your chances of improvement.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons