ZocdocAnswersWill my chiropratic follow up be my first treatment?

Question

Will my chiropratic follow up be my first treatment?

Can I get started right away or are there things I will need my chiropractor to tell me?

Answer

While it will depend on what condition is being treated, your overall health, and the specific chiropractor that you are visiting, it is common for many chiropractors to schedule a longer first visit so that imaging can be obtained (if necessary), a complete health history can be reviewed as needed, and then the treatment process can begin. Future appointments will then be arranged based on the your need, but will generally be suggested to occur at least 2 to 3 times each week. If you are having pain or other problems now, you speak to the health care professional who is treating you soon to make sure that you are properly treated and in a timely fashion. Chiropractors can serve as valuable adjuvants to medical care, meaning that they offer services that are helpful to alleviate many common symptoms. As such, they are widely utilized and their services are reimbursed by most insurance plans including Medicare. It is important to remember that there are some needs that will require being seen by a physician, however, and you should plan on discussing any alternative medical therapy that you receive, such as visiting a chiropractor, with your primary care doctor.