My joints, particularly knees and feet, ache after sitting on a chair for some time. Why?

I am 51 yrs old, recently diagnosed diabetic. We shifted to NY last year at the end of August from India. This problem has started after coming to the USA.
Your symptoms are very common. Many people, especially those your age, will note joint pain. There are many different causes of your pain which should be evaluated. I would recommend that you see your primary care doctor. This is advisable to rule out bad causes of the pain and then treat the cause of your pain. Firstly, joint pain is very common. This is known as arthralgia. The joint pain is most commonly caused by inflammation, known medically as arthritis. The most common cause of arthritis is osteoarthritis. This is the degeneration of the joints over time secondary to wear and tear. The joints of the knees and feet (weight bearing) are the most commonly effected. Other causes of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus should be ruled out. The other possibility is that this is not joint pain itself but coming from another place. In diabetics, neuropathy -- pain from the nerves -- is quite common. Diabetes damages the nerves and therefore causes pain. There are specific medicines that can help this. Other causes of knee and feet pain is swelling of the soft tissue. This can happen is heart, liver or kidney problems -- all of which are common in diabetes. Talk to your doctor.

9415 E Harry St