What information will I be given at my husband's critical care consultation?

My husband and I are preparing for his criticla care consultation and want to know what to expect. He's 44 and I am 38. We have two children.
I am not sure what you mean by a critical care consultation. If you mean that your husband is currently in a critical care unit and very ill, then a consultation generally means that the critical care doctors sit you down and give you an update on where things stand, what treatments are being pursued, and what they feel the prognosis is likely to be. There is also an opportunity for you to express any doubts you have, ask any questions, and reflect on what your goals of care are. If, on the other hand, you mean that your husband has recently recovered from a critical illness and is now convalescing (thankfully), then post- critical care followup is usually a coordinate, multidisciplinary approach to helping patients who have been debilitated by their critical care stays and severe illness recover and regain as much of a normal life as possible. In this setting, not only the input of doctors but also of physical therapists, speech therapists, and social workers is also very important. Again, this is also a good forum for you to discuss any concerns you might have and reflect on your goals and values for the entire recovery process.