What foods aggravate Crohn's disease?

I'm a 20 year old guy and I've just been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. What foods should I avoid? I'ms ad to give up beer but I'm told it makes things worse. Thank youf or the information.
The first and most important thing with Crohn's disease is to remember that many people with Crohn's disease suffer from poor nutrition. This is because episodes of abdominal pain make them less likely to want to eat. The single most important thing is to maintain a high calorie, high protein diet even when you do not feel like eating. Many people with Crohn's disease identify foods that cause flares. However, each person is different and so it is hard to predict which foods specifically will cause problems for you. For this reason, it is important to pay close attention to what you eat and to any association between specific foods and flares. Typical foods that many Crohn's patients identify as triggering flares include: alcohol, caffeine, fatty foods, foods high in fiber, whole grains, spicy foods, and nuts and seeds. Another concept that is important in Crohn's disease is the concept of a low residue diet. A low residue diet is less likely to cause bloating and pain because it is less likely to get 'caught up' on the scars caused by Crohn's in the intestine. Low residue diets are those that are low in fiber and low in indigestible plant material.

Other Gastroenterologists