Can pregnancy cause random dizziness?

I'm a 28 year old woman in her second trimester and I randomly get dizy. I have no idea why. Is it just a thing that happens with pregnancy?
First of all, congratulations on your new baby-to-be. Dizziness is a common complaint by pregnant women, and here is why. Pregnancy results in large changes to a woman's cardiovascular system. Your heart all of a sudden has a lot more tissue to deliver blood to. To compensate for this, a woman's heart rate will rise and total blood volume will go up. Sometimes this means that the heart is not quite as able to compensate for changes in activity. This is why you probably feel more out of breath when you go up stairs than you used to. Changes in body position or activity level can slightly change the amount of blood flow the brain gets. This can cause dizziness that occurs any time you stand up, or when you exert yourself. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. He or she can take a more detailed history of your dizziness and perform tests to try and tease out why you are feeling dizzy. If you show signs of dizziness during the exam, the doctor may recommend that you increase your fluid intake. Either way, you will be able to make sure that everything is going okay with you and your new baby.

Nearby OB-GYNs