Does embolization get rid of uterine fibroids?

I am 26 and have very large uterine fibroids. I would like to know more about embolization. Can this remove them?
Today there are many options available for treatment of uterine fibroids. The right treatment for you depends on many factors. Probably the first and more important factor is whether or not you plan on having children in the future. If you do plan on this, then you need to take a treatment pathway that preserves your fertility. If you know you are done having kids, then most doctors will recommend hysterectomy if your fibroids are very large and/or they are causing a lot of pain or blood loss during your period. Assuming here that you do want to have kids in the future, then you have a few options. If your fibroids are causing you pain and excess bleeding during your periods, then I would start with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory treatment and iron supplements. These can reduce your pain and reduce the amount of bleeding. If your fibroids are interfering with fertility, or if medical therapy is not working, then you have two other options. One is a myomectomy, where just the fibroids are surgically removed. Possibly a better option is embolization which can be done without a surgical incision. Embolization has been shown to be very effective at causing death of the fibroids in certain patients. Basically embolization is when the blood flow to the fibroids is cut off. The physician you want to talk to about this is your OBGYN. He or she can make an assessment of your fibroids and your future wishes and determine what mode of treatment is best. Embolization is done by an interventional radiologist.