What should I expect at my ENT oncology consultation?

I am having my first ENT oncology consultation in two weeks time. I am a 39 year old guy. What should I expect?
This isn't the easiest question to answer with very little information. I don't want to assume that I have any insight into what is going on with you having not been able to examine, or even take a good history from you. Which is exactly what any good Head and Neck surgeon will start out with... a good history. They will ask a lot of questions about your history, and about your history of present illness (pain with swallowing, trouble swallowing, etc..) Then they will examine you well. Something unique to the ENTs office is that it is fairly routine to perform flexible laryngoscopy in the office to better examine structures within the upper airway, particularly if there is concern about a malignant process. However this will be a directed exam, and without knowing why you were referred to the ENT, or what your symptoms are, I cannot tell you with certainty whether this will be done. Sometimes biopsies can be done in the office, which if there is no pathologic diagnosis and there is a mass present, may be done at your visit. There are many different ways to go about this, which is beyond the scope of this discussion. Also it is not uncommon to get further directed imaging as part of the work-up for a mass pending the suspicion of the Head and Neck oncologist. Sorry to be so vague with the response, but I cannot speak directly to your case since this is a forum, plus I don't know any of the details. Best of luck. Hope this helps.