Are eyeglasses better than contact lenses?

I have eyeglasses and my friends tell me that I look better in contacts. I am a 31 year old single male. Should I get contact lenses. Will it feel strange if I've been wearing glasses my entire life?
This is a very personal decision. You either like the way you look without glasses, or you like the way you look with glasses. There are very few medical reasons to avoid contact lenses. The purpose of both types of lenses is to bend (refract) light a certain amount so that it hits your retina focused and can be interpreted by your brain. Whether the light refraction happens by a glass lens or a contact lens does not matter. Certain rare conditions that cause keratoconjunctivitis sicca (dry eyes) can prevent people from using contacts. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your ophthalmologist. You can get a complete vision test done and determine if your prescription for lenses has changed. From there, you can try out contact lenses and see if you like the way they make you look. In addition, you can figure out if you are okay with the new procedure of caring for your lenses. Most people find that they like the contacts for some occasions and like to wear their glasses for others. In the future, you can discuss the option of getting laser surgery done on your eyes to change your cornea's refraction permanently making your eyes focus without any artificial lens like glasses or contacts.

Nearby Ophthalmologists

Other Ophthalmologists