Click to book now:

After freezing a plantar wart how long does it take to stop hurting in order to walk properly?

Four days ago I had a plantar wart on the ball of my foot removed by freezing it. As the days have gone by, it has not gotten better. I have increased pain when walking. The area is puffy and white with a little red hole in the center. How long should I experience this pain and is it possible it is infected? If so, is there anything I can do at home to ease the pain?
Freezing of plantar warts is a common and effective treatment, but it is not without side effects. The most common side effects of freezing of plantar warts are pain and swelling, which can take many days to resolve completely. In general, these symptoms should get better day-by-day; although the pain may persist, they should be better each day than the day before. Freezing a plantar wart will also commonly leave a small scar, which may resolve over time. Infection is a possible side effect of freezing plantar warts. Recognizing an infection is something that should be done by a trained professional, and only an in-person consultation with a physician or health care professional will establish a diagnosis. That said, common signs of infection are redness, swelling, or heat around the area, or fevers. If the pain or swelling is getting worse, not better, or if you notice increasing redness, swelling, heat around the area, or fevers, or any other concerning symptoms, you should contact your doctor immediately for an evaluation of the site to see if there is evidence of an infection. They will also be able to help suggest effective medications to help manage your pain.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!