Are the dark circles under my eyes part of my hay fever?

Hi. In addition to all the sneezing I now have dark circles under my eyes. Is this the hay fevers? I am a 28 year woman.
Dark circles under the eyes can definitely be a symptom of allergies like hay fever. This is because the allergies cause swelling and puffiness of the skin below the eyes, which leads to a darkening of the skin. The way to treat the dark circles is to effectively treat the allergies. If you have not talked to your primary care doctor about treating your allergies, I would start with that. There are actually multiple medications which could be effective at controlling your symptoms. Non sedating anti histamines like loratidine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec) can reduce itching and watering fo the eyes as well as nasal congestion and sneezing. Similarly, nasal steroid sprays, such as fluticasone (Flonase), are excellent for controlling nasal congestion, stuffiness, and sneezing. Any of these medications will help reduce the puffiness of the skin under the eyes and, therefore, the dark discoloration. Another thing to remember about seasonal allergies like hay fever is that it is often easier to prevent the symptoms than to treat them. For example, nasal steroid sprays require a while to start working. Therefore, it is often helpful to start taking them a little while before the allergy season actually starts, thereby avoiding the worst of the symptoms.