Can decongestants be taken every day?

I have terrible congestion in the spring. I'm a 33 year old guy. Could you tell me if decongestants can be taken daily.
As a general rule, you should not take any medication daily, or as needed without explicit instructions from your doctor. In the case of decongestants, most doctors would not recommend that these medications be taken daily for any extended period of time. This is because these medications have the potential to cause high blood pressure which can be dangerous to your health over time. A more important question is what is causing your congestion in the first place. My suspicion is that you are suffering from seasonal allergies. Symptoms like yours that come in the spring are consistent with an allergy to pollen. If this is the case then you and your doctor should focus on treating this allergy which can improve your congestion symptoms. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician (family doctor or internal medicine doctor). He or she can take a more detailed history of your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. The two of you can then discuss your congestion and determine its cause. If your congestion is being caused by a seasonal allergy (as I suspect it is), then you may benefit from an anti-histamine taken daily, or an inhaled steroid such as Flonase. I hope you feel better.