Do the effects of a deep tissue massage last longer?

I'm a 28 year old baseball player. Recently I had my first deep tissue massage and it was amazing. Do the effects of this massage last longer than other types?
The type of massage you choose depends on the types of symptoms you have and what your goals are from the massage therapy session. For example, if your primary goals are to have time for relaxation and repose, then deep tissue massage is not the right technique. Rather, a lighter technique like Swedish massage would be appropriate. However, if your goals are to remove muscle spasm or tightness that has been brought about by athletic training or competition, then deep tissue massage is more appropriate. In fact, most athletes who regularly participate in massage therapy do choose deep tissue massage over other types of massage. The deep tissue work is better at stimulating blood flow and relaxing the tight muscles that result from overtraining. You should talk to your massage therapist in person about your symptoms and your goals for the massage session or sessions. They will be able to assess your needs and make some recommendations about the type of massage needed. You should especially not forget to make mention of any particular trouble areas that need attention (such as a sore shoulder or knee). As always, talk with your primary care doctor if there is any persistent or worsening pain, as this may be a sign of a more serious injury.