When should I seek anger management?

I am a 29 year old woman and feel angry all the time. Stress at work, stress at home, fitful sleep. Should I seek anger management?
I would suggest that you start by going to see your primary care doctor. It sounds like part of the problem might simply be stress. Your primary care doctor will be able to make an overall assessment of your health and make recommendations as to whether or not you should see a psychiatrist or therapist. Your primary care doctor will also be able to make recommendation on how you can control your stress, through regular exercise, sleep, and healthy eating. They also may recommend additional activities such as relaxation exercises. It is possible that your symptoms could be related to an underlying mood problem, such as depression or anxiety. If your primary care doctor thinks this may be going on, they may opt to treat you themselves or they may want to refer you to a psychiatrist. If there is a significant mood problem, then you may benefit from medications to help control the depression or anxiety symptoms. You may also benefit from talking with a psychologist or therapist. If you already have a relationship with a therapist, you may want to set up an appointment. If not, then you could ask your primary care doctor to make a referral for you.

Nearby Psychiatrists

Other Psychiatrists